Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Glogster EDU

To finish up our poetry unit we decided to create an online interactive poster through an app available at the Chrome Store.  The app is called Glogster EDU.  I had never made a "glog" before and I knew the kids would have fun trying it out. I love their slogan, "Creativity is Learning!" After learning about 8 different types of poems, the students logged into their Glogster EDU accounts and created a free, poetry multimedia poster with text, photos, videos, animations, graphics, audio and much more!  It was a unique way to publish their thoughtful writing.  When I practiced Glogster EDU at home it worked great.  I was able to manipulate text boxes, record myself reading my poetry,  and add photos found online with a Chromebook hooked up to my own wi-fi network.  Working with it at school, was a little more challenging.  For some reason we could not hear any sound that we tried recording.  It would have been super cute to have the students record their voices, but for some reason it would not work.  Even though we experienced this disappointment, all the kids were still very excited to make the online poster and many of them turned out spectacular.  I will use Glogster EDU again, for sure!  Click on the links below to see some great examples from my third grade class.

Student 1

Student 2

Student 3

Student 4

Student 5

Student 6

Student 7

Student 8

Student 9



2 comments:

  1. This is very cool...might have to try it out ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. G! What an appropriate name for a Glogster EDU teacher. We loved reading your blog post, and we'd also really love to have you write a featured post about this project at http://blog.edu.glogster.com/

    We'd love to help promote the great teaching you're doing. It inspires us and keeps us going.

    ReplyDelete